Hosted by the Community Arts Council of Kankakee County.
Traffic Control on-site, please follow directions to help keep our festival free, fun and safe for all!
- booths inside the Civic Auditorium, on the Governor Small grounds, on the Trail
- 90+ artists and crafters
- handmade jewelry, paintings, crochet, photography, paper craft, pottery, fiber art, stained glass, garden art, needlework, woodworking, bird houses - and much more!
- specialty vendors with jams, jellies, farm fresh produce, dips & mixes
- pick up some plants, buy a ticket to the quilt raffle
- fresh strawberries - dipped or plain - at the CAC booth in the Civic
- Author’s Circle in the Column Garden - chat with local authors discussing their writing experience and story lines
- the Trail will offer artist and crafter booths, pet related vendors, the kids’ barrel train and a hot dog stand
- visit the Fire Safety House (1:00pm - 4:00pm)
- view and bid on the 4-foot garden benches painted by artists from Merchant Street Art Gallery of Artists with Autism, winner will be announced at 3:00pm
- check out the unique cars on display from the Hieland Hot Rodders
- stop in the Kankakee County Museum - enjoy the Art League of Kankakee’s annual show, stroll through and enjoy all the Museum has to offer
- let your kids show off their creativity with free kids activities in the Kids’ Zone- located near the Trail and the School House, craft activities with Easterseals, play plinko with Meijer. Pay events include the Museum’s dime toss and facepainting with Chris
- live entertainment - jazz, instrumentalists, singers, dancers, a children's choir and other choral groups performing gospel, folk or traditional music. Local theater groups also will offer a sampling from upcoming productions
- food - burgers, hot dogs and brats, pulled chicken and pork, tacos and rib tips, bbq, cotton candy, kettle corn, funnel cakes, a variety of drinks and more!
- strawberries - strawberry pie, short cake, ice cream, even pulled pork strawberry barbecue - and of course fresh strawberries, plain or chocolate dipped, at the CAC booth in the Civic
- parking -in the field north of the Park grounds accessible on Water Street, street parking in the surrounding area. Eighth Avenue between Water and Charles will be closed, with additional one-way traffic on surrounding streets, including west bound only on Water between Wall and Eighth.